Friday 18 March 2016

Set, Series, Sequence - Storyboard Inspiration

For the final stage of this brief, I have drafted a storyboard of, what I call a Doughnut Monster trying to break into someone's house and steal some doughnuts. I took a lot of inspiration from Pixar's Ratatouille as a few of the scenes involve Remy looking through a window and coveting something inside. There are also a few scenes in which what follows is a creative and chaotic attempt at breaking in or at least trying to escape after having fallen in.

Here is a storyboard from the film:


In this scene, Remy accidentally falls into the kitchen of a high class restaurant. I particularly like the shot in which the camera is panning across the counter as the cooks are at work. In the movie, it made me feel as if I were observing them as I would if I were in Remy's position. I also like the idea of being on the outside looking in, particularly in harsh weather conditions.

Here is an animatic of a scene that didn't actually make it into the film but I find the composition and shot angles quite humorous and certainly used it as inspiration for my storyboard.



No comments:

Post a Comment