Wednesday 16 March 2016

Captain Character - Plasticine Armature


I began the process of building my armature by drawing out my character and measuring him in head heights. I determined that Dave is approximately 3.5 heads tall (on a good day).


The next step was to create a wire skeleton of Dave. With the help of Slenderman Tom, I twisted a long piece of wire and measured and cut it according to my drawing of Dave.



Then, with the help of one of the wonderful technicians, I wired together Dave's skeleton attaching a couple of screws to his feet in order to fasten him onto a wooden plank while I build up his muscle and skin.


After Dave's skeleton was completed, I started work on his 'muscles' using Styrofoam, masking tape and other such materials. 

      

Here is the final result! Smile, Dave..





No comments:

Post a Comment