Thursday 17 March 2016

Environmental Storytelling - Final Illustrations



For the first illustration, I chose Vernon Street Leeds. After I finished the paper drawing, I scanned it in and played around with digital colouring for the first time! It was really fun and I drew a lot of inspiration from Looney Tunes background artist, Maurice Noble.






Hyde Park, Leeds:

Since a lot of these are quite similar, and because drawing trees doesn’t take nearly as long as drawing buildings, I played around with different mediums and texturing.






Ljubljana, Slovenia:

I spent last weekend in Ljubljana, a beautiful city in Slovenia. The architecture is breathtaking but very difficult to draw. It is easy to get caught up in detail so I challenged myself to capture the same essence of the architecture without needing to be too accurate. I also played with taking away detail with objects in the background but tracing the outline with a thicker pen. 





LCA Library







No comments:

Post a Comment