Thursday 17 March 2016

Life Drawing - Form, Flow, Force

My biggest criticism of myself when it comes to life drawing is my lack of awareness when it comes to shapes in the third dimension. A lot of my figures appear flat, without depth.


 


As you can see in the drawings above, the characters look quite flat, not as if they were made up of three dimensional parts. They look like drawings, not like people.







When it comes to the speed drawings of movement, I found that I struggled most with the human proportions. Because I was rushing, I didn't pay close enough attention to the very basic proportions of the figure, which is why his body morphed through the movement.


Overall, this is one of the few times I have ever done Life drawing but I am learning the importance of it, especially for an Animator. I will continue to take life drawing classes and focus on my short comings in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment