Saturday 14 May 2016

National Geographic - Pre - Production - Assets

Today I began playing around with some of the brand colors and shapes for the Ident. I created some assets in Adobe Illustrator to animate in After Effects. I am not yet sure if I want the transitions between the devices to be through rotation, growth/shrinkage or both.

Here is my paper edit storyboard for an idea of the flow and transitions of my animation:



I had three colours to play with; yellow, black and grey. I didn’t want to add any colours because these three hold each other together very well. I created a prototype with  grey background as well as a white one and I definitely prefer the white.
Instead of animating the video content within the devices, I thought of finding some footage that would highlight the topics of National Geographic Channel and using that within a clipping mask as the device containing it shifts warps and changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment