Friday 13 May 2016

Maya Study Task 1 - Cell Phone

For my Maya object I created a cell phone based on that of my own. First I created a thin and flat rectangle. In order to create a dent on the face of this rectangle, I selected the face and extruded it inwards. After this was complete, I created a second and thinner rectangle as the screen of the cell phone.

One of the reasons I created the screen separately was to use the Boolean tool to extract and carve out the speakers for the phone.



I beveled the edges of the phone, including the long edges on the back of the phone creating a softer edge. This was quite easy as I am becoming more and more familiar with creating and manipulating shapes. 

Final product:

Once the body and appendages were built, I moved onto texturing. I changed the texture of the screen to something more glossy as well as changing the colour.

For the screen, I added a glass effect making it see through and then imported an image and placed it just behind the screen.




These images are screen shots from Maya as as soon as I attempted to capture pictures of the phone, the screen image would disappear. Here are my saved photographs from the project:





No comments:

Post a Comment