Monday 11 January 2016

The Other Side - Animation - Layer Organization


This is how I organized my layers for Pose-to-Pose animation. The first row of layers are the key poses, the following rows are the In-Between frames. 

 



In order to see my frames clearly through Onion Skin, I start by placing the key frame layers back to back. Then, I separate them and create another video group and place layers in between the key frames. I continue with this method for every new video group I add. If you look at the image above, you can see how I manage to keep track of the order of my frames. I select the first row (all but the very first frame) and move it to the side, then I select the next row and arrange it right under the first row. I do the same for the remaining rows. After every frame has been moved to the side, I create a new video group with blank layers. I proceed to drag back the old layers one by one, making sure to arrange a blank layer between each one. Annnnddd....


Ta-daaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment